- Ballarat, Victoria
- Sunday 10°
- Monday 8°
BIG4 Ballarat Goldfields has a carefully designed Sensory Room developed for families with a child or children on the autism spectrum. This room, which is part of the The Reilly Room Project, was developed in close consultation with an occupational therapist, a specialist autism teacher and ASD parents. The features within this autism specific educational setting include:
- A lamp projecting blue ocean waves on the ceiling while playing calm music
- A free-standing hammock that can be used to rock a toddler or for an adult to rock themselves
- A large crash mat and weighted blankets/cushions
- A selection of books suitable for children on the spectrum
- Cushions to provide a variety of tactile experiences
- A 'Bilbo' to rock or spin a child in
- A peanut-shaped gym ball to bounce on
- A large time clock to help them 'finish'
- Activity boxes can be requested from reception which includes kinetic sand, play dough, a sensory toy box and colouring supplies.
Download our personalised BIG4 Ballarat Goldfields Holiday Park social script here to aid in the preparation of your trip.
This room, coupled with all the other features expected from a top-rated holiday park, makes BIG4 Ballarat Goldfields Holiday Park the destination of choice for all families to enjoy a well deserved accessible and restful holiday.